1. The Club shall be known as Backwell Camera Club.
2. The object of the Club shall be to advance proficiency in the art of photography and friendship amongst its members.
3. All interested in photography shall be eligible for membership except for children and young adults under the age of 18 unless accompanied, at all times, by a parent/carer.
4. The annual subscription and door levies shall be proposed by the committee and approved by the members at a General Meeting.
5. The maximum number of club members to be 140.
6. Membership of special interest groups is only available to fully paid up members of the main club.
7. A visitor or guest will be limited to a total of three visits in any one year. These visits can be to any of the club’s activities.
8. The management of the Club shall be vested in the Officers and Committee. The Officers shall consist of: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Programme Secretary, Hon. Competition Secretary, Hon. External Competition Secretary, to be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. The Officers and Committee shall have the power to co-opt further members. Five shall form a quorum.
9. Committee members shall be elected at the AGM, or at a special meeting called in accordance with Rule 12.
10. Candidates to each election shall be proposed by one member and seconded by another. A vote shall then be taken.
11. A duly audited Statement of Accounts shall be prepared and presented at the Annual General Meeting. The auditor/s shall be elected annually, Officers and Committee Members not being eligible.
12. Special meetings may be convened on a requisition signed by five Club members, stating the objective and sent to the Hon. Secretary at least 15 days before the date of the proposed meeting. No other business than that for which the meeting was called may be transacted.
13. In the event of the winding up of the Club, any assets remaining shall be handed over to a charity chosen by the surviving members.
14. No alteration or addition to these rules may be made except at an Annual General Meeting or at a special meeting called in accordance with Rule 12.